We are Cancelling the Group and School Challenges
Due to COVID-19, we are encouraging Solo and Household Clean-Ups only at this time!
Looking for a team-building activity? Why not pick litter together! The group challenge is an opportunity for workplaces, service groups and non-profits to compete and be recognized for their community spirit. The group that collects the most trash per participant wins! The winning group gets a trophy, bragging rights and recognition for their awesome efforts on social media.
If you’re a student or teacher, register your school and get the word out! The school with the highest participation rate (number of students collecting for Trash Bash divided by total school enrollment) will be declared the winner. High school students: you can use the Bash for community volunteer hours!
HOW DO YOU PARTICIPATE? Just follow these easy steps!
- REGISTER. Contact our school, business and group challenge coordinator – Raquel Richardson at email@example.com or 613-398-1111. Let her know the name of the school, business or organization you are registering, provide a contact name and contact information, and what date and where your groups is cleaning up.
- SUPPLIES. Do you need help with supplies? We have a limited supply of bags and gloves for groups that need them. Let us know what you need and we’ll do our best to help.
- RECYCLING. We are proud to offer recycling for Trash Bash as well with the support of Quinte Waste Solutions. Much of the trash collected cannot be recycled, but we are able to recycle cans and plastic water, juice or pop bottles (no paper).
- FOLLOW UP. All done? Be sure to follow up with Raquel and let her know how many bags of garbage were collected, how many participants you had, and if pick-up is needed for the trash that has been collected. Results must be reported by Saturday, May 16th to enter the challenge.
- We also love pictures of your group participating in Trash Bash. If you would like to, send those to Raquel as well!